|Age||30s or 40s|
Exploring Skull Island and deathEditon October 12, when the Venture arrived at Skull Island and hit the wall, Briggs trusted Carl Denham and went with him, Jack Driscoll, Ann Darrow, and Benjamin Hayes on the first lifeboat to land on the island to make his film and rowed with Mr. Hayes. When the rocks of the sinking island started to fall it hit the lifeboat killing Briggs instantly, and the surviving party put his corpse to the side of the wrecked lifeboat and covered him with a blanket.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Along with Choy and Baxter, Briggs was a non-speaking character for Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie.
- Briggs was most likely the replacement for Mike in the video game, as he was the first the die on the expedition to Skull Island, whilst Mike was in the film.
- There were several mistakes on Briggs in the game: when another sailor named Baxter's dead body appeared later in the game, it would look identical to Brigg's corpse.His body was seen in a later level (The Canyon) next to a broken case containing a sniper rifle. His similar body also appeared later in the level To Save Ann, with several spears protruding an individual in question having clearly been killed by the natives, but both bodies however, wore no hat. On the Xbox 360 version he looked very different from the PS2, Xbox and PC, wearing a white shirt, with a beard and a different brown hat. The sailor Baxter could be seen on the third boat in The Venture and sharing the similar model as him, and could be seen in the V-rex chapter sharing Briggs' same model as well.
- Briggs was based on the second mate of the Venture in the original 1933 version of King Kong.
- Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie (First appearance)